Sunday, May 31, 2009

Guten morgen meine damen und herren.




After awaking yesterday with plenty of alcohol still in my blood and hungover like never before, we proceeded to Schonbrun palace.(forgive me I don't know how to add text edits). We took the Grand tour of the palace and stood amidst some of the most ornate and historical rooms in world history. One room being the room in which the young Mozart gave his first public performance made all of us feel awestruck. This palace was built to trample on Versailles, but the decline in finances halted the project and did not quite trump the french counterpart. Still who could notice! It is a massive expanse of land, gardens, the worlds first zoo, and 1400 rooms, with most having Gold molding, gold door handles, gold and silver thread beds even! We then went and ate at an Italian restaurant in which I had lasagna. All of us returned around 6 to the Hostel and we crashed, waking up at 9 minutes to 10! Today should be interesting for our sleep deprived bodies. Nonetheless it is fun and I would move here in a heartbeat. My german is improving greatly, and I can carry full conversations with most of the locals. More photos to come. 

1 comment: